Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Auld Lang Syne


Wet Back yard ............................>>>>>




Here we are approaching the end of 2008, an eventful year for many in our family.

Jason and Rebecca have bought their first home in Louisville, KY, the Millers have been gone on their adventure now for over two long months, and we have been reasonably busy here at Home Alone.

I have been busier than I ever expected at the job with First Student. One thing I miss are driving the charters to school events. I’m not doing the hands on training I was doing before, but am heavily into supporting the staff in the office and working to make sure all the administrative duties regarding compliance with state and Federal rules and guidelines.

The job is a very busy one with very crowded and difficult working conditions. And today I found I will need to carry more responsibilities while learning yet another new system.

The mother carried out yet another successful holiday season. The season culminates tomorrow with a house party at a friend’s home. I will take a couple of Tylenol PMs tonight so I sleep well and can feel rested for tomorrow evening.

We received over three inches of rain last Saturday. That amount set a new season record for this area of over 59” of rain.

The local cable channel and KMOV, the CBS stations were having a quarrel over fees. KMOV wanted paid for the over the air signal while Charter refused. KMOV was going to be taken off the cable on Dec 31. I would not have minded if they could pick up CBS from Peoria. The three stations in St. Louis cover the same things at the same time, giving little attention to Illinois.

It is windy here tonight. Must be going to get cold again. Yes, just checked the weather: high today was 59, tomorrow forecast is for 31 degrees.

That is about it from Home Alone…


Love to all,


Dad

No comments: